Dec 16, 2009

Physical decline

Perhaps it is because of being gone a few days, but I am noticing physical decline in Dwane. His grooming is slipping, which Mayo had predicted, but he has always been so fastidious that it still surprises me. Thankfully, he is still showering and shaving, but missing spots and hair a bit amiss. More drooling. A lot more trembling. He has a hard time writing and is still able to read only with one eye closed. Thank God he can still read as it is such a pleasure for him. Our financial advisor suggested a kindle for him. I'll check into it, but with his difficulty with technology, I can't imagine it working well for him. (Our satellite remote control is still messed up from whatever he did while I was gone.) He is watching more television, but I think that is because of the difficulty he has reading. He continues to be consistently alert, for which I am so very, very grateful. It is hard to have a give-and-take conversation with him because of his word retrieval problems and his difficulty tracking a conversational topic. But, overall, he has more motivation and more involvement than he did even last summer, and most certainly more than one year ago. I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment