Oct 1, 2010

October

"God gave me the ability, with the rest up to me," Billy Mills, Lakota Olympian.

I have always loved the above quote and what seems to be the attitude behind it. A great Olympian, and he seems to say that the ability was given to him, with him having the responsibility to use it well. I think that is true for us all. We have all been given unique talents and skills, and perhaps it is our life's work to develop them. Perhaps you, as I, have spent many of my years doing things that were not necessarily a direct match for my skills and talents because I also had to make a living. Well, it is never too late. What are the skills and talents that are innate to you? What can you do to develop them? I started water color painting classes this past week. I want to see how that creative expression is for me.

Billy Mills was an exceptional athlete. What are we exceptional at?

No comments:

Post a Comment