Nov 10, 2011

Gratitude as intention


Intentions keep us focused." Eugene D. Holden

Some people dear to me express their amazement at my discipline in writing these daily blogs.  It is part of my intention in how I want to be within this caregiving task.  I want to do it graciously, and writing this blog daily helps me to do that.  I also know that knowledge is best shared, and this blog is a way to share reliable and helpful information.  I spoke with my spiritual director yesterday and we spoke of a way to pray:  he suggested the steps:  believe, claim, and give thanks.  It seems that the gratitude piece is an important step.   So, we can set the intention for how we want to be in life or in a particular situation like caregiving, and that intention helps us be and do what we intend.  And we can give thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment