Mar 28, 2013

Seeing the Beautiful

"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything that is beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting." Ralph Waldo Emerson

It is a fine quality to develop and nurture:  that of seeing what is beautiful.  Yesterday, I was shoveling yet more snow (yes, really).  And, I took time out to enjoy the warmth of the March sun on my face, the sounds of the birds enjoying our bird feeder, the beauty of the snow on the trees, the sound of the creek as it tumbles down our canyon beneath patches of frozen ice, the blue sky.  All so beautiful.  Earlier I had been at the assisted living facility while a nurse did yet another evaluation of Dwane to see if his needs are best met in this setting, or if he needed more support.  Talk of wheelchairs, physical therapy services.  Afterward, I took him out for an ice cream cone, and we enjoyed the outing and treat.  On my way home, I bought two more puzzles for us to do together.  It is hard to find the 300-piece, large piece puzzles that we need now; so I got the two that were available.  That will give us something to do together on Easter Sunday.  Life is very good in many respects.  It is so beneficial to remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment