May 11, 2013

ho'oponopono

"Ho'oponopono is an Hawaiian ritual that calms you down.  It's all about forgiveness.  Murmuring the ho'oponopono mantra several eases your anger and can lower your blood pressure.  Ho'oponopono stands for:  I'm sorry.  Please forgive me.  I love you.  Thank you."  Dr. Sara Gottfried

It's certainly worth a try, and I know people who swear by the effectiveness and power of this practice.  As I understand it, the ho'oponopono ritual is ancient, and it is about us asking forgiveness for anything we may have ever done to offend.  In so doing, we also forgive the person who has offended us.  There is considerable research into the benefits of us forgiving ourselves and others -- benefits to our physical and mental and emotional health.  For yourself -- consider forgiving someone today.  It is as simple as choosing to forgive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment