Nov 10, 2013

Loving What You Do


"The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it." ~~Steve Jobs

We have all heard variations of the above advice.  Whenever I hear it, I am wistful -- as I am not sure I have ever loved the work I was paid to do, although my work has brought me considerable satisfaction.  And, now we are caregivers.  Can we love the work that caregiving is?  How does one "love the work we do?"  I confess that I am not sure, but I do know how to make the best of a situation.  I do know how to treat others with respect and aim at seeing the best in every situation.  I do consider it an honor to walk along side someone who is exiting this life via dementia.  What can you find about caregiving that gives you satisfaction?

No comments:

Post a Comment