Sep 11, 2014

Conscious Choices

  1. "A life lived of choice is a life of conscious action." Neale Donald Walsh

    Have you ever reacted instead of acting?  I once had a friend who called that a knee-jerk response.  Far better is it for us to thoughtfully consider and choose our actions in the world.  I am the kind of person who, in any given situation, tries to make it workable.  That has been both a strength and a weakness for me.  I sometimes stay too long in situations in my desire to see if I can think of a way the situation can be a win/win, but perhaps that is better than throwing in the towel at the first sign of concern and walking away. I heard yesterday of someone who immediately divorced a person who was diagnosed with dementia.  While that is an option, is it the right one for you?   Life is a practice at noticing how things are, and choosing our response consciously, thoughtfully, and out of love for ourselves and others.  

No comments:

Post a Comment