Nov 22, 2014

To Their Credit

To their credit -- the nursing home -- the administrator listened to my concerns and put in immediate changes.  Yesterday when I went, he was at his meal, and the area he eats in had more staff and more interaction.  The seating had been changed, so that no one was seated alone.  I also requested more positive engagement.  She took ideas from me for what he would like, and I believe they will be implemented.  The concerning thing still:  he has been in the facility only since June, and this is the 3rd time I have had to speak up for his needs.  So, other caregivers, it appears that the task of advocacy is ours for the duration.  Too bad we cannot just relax and assume the facility we are paying will give the care we want and our loved one deserves.  

No comments:

Post a Comment