Dec 23, 2014

Opening to Life

  1. "God breaks the heart again and again until it stays open." Hazrat Inayat Khan

    Some people might not want to think God breaks the heart.  Perhaps, then, it is Life which breaks the heart.  But each of us has our hearts broken again and again.  Not always does having our hearts broken result in the heart staying open; sometimes the heart slams shut in response to the challenges in life.  It is our choice.  To open or to become more closed.  For me betrayals by people I loved or people with whom I worked have served to open my heart more.  Now, it is in the breaking of my heart that I see my loved one struggle with his end of life process.  My choice in this is to let my heart open more and more.  To do otherwise, is to die ourselves, though perhaps not physically.  

No comments:

Post a Comment