Apr 26, 2015

Power of Love

Image result for nature photos
"Most things break instead of transform because they resist.  In truth, the more we let love through, the more we have to love." Mark Nepo

As caregivers, we are called to love.  Love ourselves and the loved one for whom we provide caregiving, as well as others.  We can also be loving toward those others who also provide care for our loved one.  Yesterday when I visited my loved one, a very kind woman was feeding him.  I was so grateful.  She was attentive, kind, and respectful.  Exactly how I want him to be treated.  The woman who is doing the new activities with him also spoke to me about how much she loved him.  Love.  It is so good to allow it, encourage it, nourish it.  I took time to talk to the administrator of the care facility to tell her how much I appreciate the attitude of these two employees.  Whenever we see love being acted out, let's acknowledge it.  It is powerful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment