Oct 20, 2015

Accepting Help

Image result for autumn photos
"There is a special place in hell for women who do not support other women." Madeleine Albright

I recently heard Madeleine Albright interviewed, and she said the above quote.  I found her witty and very smart, and she is right about the need for women to support other women.  I have found many people have said to me, "Let me know if there is anything I can do", which is kind, and yet, it is difficult for me to think of something someone might do.  A very good friend recently took a different approach and asked if there was anything I needed help with moving from the nursing home.  Bingo!   Indeed, there were 2 pieces of furniture that I was unable to fit into my vehicle when I cleaned out his room, and I was feeling stress about how I would get them moved.  So, she and her husband spent most of yesterday helping me move them.  I am so grateful.  And, it was a good lesson for me.  In the future I will try to think about a specific way to help someone else.  

No comments:

Post a Comment