Jan 26, 2010

Happiness

"Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be," Abraham Lincoln.

Modern teachers are saying the same thing. Research from Harvard and other places indicates that even if we don't feel happy, smiling can change our biochemistry and we can actually become happy. Watching a funny movie can produce the same result. Esther Hicks/Abraham tells us that perhaps our most important task is to stay happy. So, it's a matter of decision. And it is important.

A dear friend told me that all people have times when they have trouble being happy, even if they do not have the task of being caregiver for someone with dementia. Yes, I think emotions swing both ways for all of us, and perhaps there is a natural rhythm to that. But, I also believe that it is important for me to aim at being happy. It is good for myself and all others with whom I interact.

No comments:

Post a Comment