Sep 25, 2012

Living to Our Potential

"I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true.  I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have." Abraham Lincoln

Wise advise.  How many of us do live up to the light we have?  It seems fear, or circumstances, or distractions can keep us from living up to our light.  The Bible advises us to not hide our light under a basket, but it seems life circumstances and the shaping of our early environments can stifle our willingness to be true to ourselves.  In fact, a lot of us lose our way so that we don't even know or remember how much light we have or how to let it shine.  Difficult circumstances may have helped bring out the best in Abraham Lincoln.  Being in relationship with someone with dementia is also a difficult circumstance.   Let us make the choice to have it bring out the best in us.  Let us allow our light -- our individual uniqueness -- shine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment