May 13, 2015

Making the Most of Who We Are

Image result for nature photos flowers
"Myelin does not care who you are.  It only cares what you do."  Daniel Coyle

Daniel makes a good point.  Our brains do not care where we were born or who are parents are, it only cares about the experiences we expose it to.  That does not mean, of course, that some people do not have more advantages than others.  I often think that by pure good luck, I was born into a country and an age where I could be educated, do work I love, and provide a service to the world.  Myelin did not care that I was raised on a small dairy farm.  Opportunities provided me with a different life than the one I had known.  So, too, for you.  Caregiving is another experience that has the potential to change who we are.  In fact, I made the decision early on in this disease to allow the process to change me for better.  What can you do with your life within your circumstances?

No comments:

Post a Comment