Mar 10, 2015

Challenges Bring Out Our Strength

Image result for nature photos
"Every human is a stranger to her/his greatest strength and mightiest power, until the test of a great responsibility, a critical emergency or supreme crisis in life calls it out." Orison Swett Marden

Caregiving can be called a great responsibility, although it dims in comparison to what great figures of history have encountered.  Abraham Lincoln's greatness was called out from within his situation of freeing the slaves and holding the Union together.  Although small in comparison, our greatness can be called out by the caregiving that has been cast upon us.  How we show up, how we take care of ourselves while taking care of someone else, how we treat our loved one -- all can bring out the best of who we are.  It has long been a passion of mine to develop to my potential.  When I am at my best within this situation, I know caregiving is helping me to do just that -- to become more then who I previously was -- by dealing with the crisis of caregiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment