Jul 13, 2010

Expectations

"It is my desire that only good shall go from me, therefore I have the right to expect that only good shall return to me," Ernest Holmes.

Wouldn't it be a wonderful life if the above were true? In living with dementia, it is sometimes hard to focus on only the good. With the swings in lucidity, it takes a great deal of patience and love to remain seeing the good, but it is excellent practice. What a difference life is if one sees the roses, even if one is also aware of the thorns. In talking with someone recently, the person cited how many times airplane travel goes awry. The truth probably is (at least for me): that once in awhile airplane travel goes awry, but more often, airplane travel goes very smoothly and on schedule. It is a good practice for me to see the evidence of what is going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment