Sep 6, 2012

Joy

"I mean to sing to Yahweh all my life, I mean to play for my God as long as I live." Psalm 104

Joy and playfulness:  they may not be terms one usually connects with caregiving, but they are essential to well being and fullness of life.  When immersed in the day-to-day 24/7 caregiving, it is hard to think of joy and being playful.   So, it is important, in whatever way works for you, to make space in your life for your own joy and playfulness.  What is playful to you?  I went out in our hot tub the other night, a glorious night with a full moon, the creek playing music in the background, and the hot water to ease any muscle tensions.  That is one way to be playful.  It is important that we not wear "the hair shirt" of responsibility too heavily.  It is so important that we take time to play.  What can you do that is playful today?

No comments:

Post a Comment