Dec 3, 2010

We create our lives

"The word is a mold which decides what form the thought is to take as it assumes shape and becomes a part of our conditions," The Science of Mind, Page 476

Similar advise is given by some modern spiritual thinkers. We are what we think, and the lives we create are products of our thinking. For me it is not helpful to go too deeply into how I am caregiving someone with a terminal illness (Life is also mystery, and there is substance beyond our understanding -- in my opinion.) But, the quality of my life is up to me. I talked with a good friend yesterday about happiness and how to get there. Part of it may lie in how we think about and describe ourselves and our world. Let's be faithful to speaking and thinking with the utmost respect about ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment