Sep 20, 2013

Top Regrets of the Dying

"1.  I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me." Bronnie Ware, palliative nurse interviewing people who were dying

The above quote was the most frequently expressed regret of the five regrets expressed by people who were dying, according to an article in www.theguardian.com.  The other four regrets were:
2.  I wish I hadn't worked so hard.
3.  I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.
4.  I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends. 
5.  I wish that I had let myself be happier.

No mention of more money, or sex, or adventure trips.  Just simple wishes that the person had been truer to him/herself and spent more time being happy and being connected to other people.  We can learn from these people who were dying.  We can do these things, so that we do not have them to regret. 

No comments:

Post a Comment