Dec 31, 2009

End of decade

The end of a year is traditionally a time to take stock, to make plans for the upcoming year. Perhaps this is even more true with the end of a decade. Television has been filled with the fears of a decade ago about all the computer failures, which, of course, did not come to pass. I am not sorry to have 2009 end. A very difficult year. It started not only with Dwane's recovery from total knee replacement, but with my concern for his cognitive functioning, which the surgery had accelerated. (This is apparently true of Dementia with Lewy Bodies.) And yet, 2009 did bring us answers, and our family physician did listen to my concerns, started the medication, and referred us to Mayo. God bless him!!! 2009 has also brought us more equilibrium with this disease process. Dwane is better than he was one year ago.

There is much to be grateful for.

"I rejoice in life for its own sake," George Bernard Shaw. Good advice for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment