Dec 12, 2009

Home

I am home from a wonderful trip to Washington, D. C. I took my laptop thinking I could keep up my daily blog, but that proved to be difficult with wireless access and time constraints. I attended a great conference on preventing substance abuse and at night we went to theater at the Ford Theater and Kennedy Center, ate great food (the seafood was wonderful), saw all the monuments. I took the Supreme Court and Library of Congress tours, which I had never done, and we went to Georgetown, which I had also never done. Great trip and very stimulating and fun companions.

It was my first real break from caregiving for over one year, and I am so grateful that the support scaffolding I had in place worked for Dwane. He did well while I was gone. Perhaps it was the few days absence that accounted for my noticing his physical decline when I again saw him. But, alert and doing remarkably well. He did some Christmas decorating and had the house looking good for my return. I am so grateful. Grateful that he was fine while I was gone, and grateful that I got some respite and relaxation from responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment