Dec 23, 2009

Love

"When you are loved, you can do anything in creation," Paulo Coelho. This has actually been demonstrated in research. Considerable research over the past decade or more has shown that it only takes one caring adult to take a special interest in a child in order for that child to develop his/her potential. I think it is true for adults too. It is amazing how different one can feel in the company of someone who loves us unconditionally, versus someone who is criticizing us. Think back to some supervisors you have had; what brought out the best in you?

Long, long ago I put on the refrigerator the words, "The mother sets the atmosphere in the home." I put the words there as a reminder for myself that I was responsible for setting the atmosphere wherever I was, and that my own home was the place I wanted to most show up as loving, practicing kindness and respect. That is still true for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment