Nov 30, 2010

Reflection

"Advent is that sacred season of anticipation and expectation in which we come to terms with the deepest yearning of our soul," Magnificat.

We are entering a season in which several major religions have holy celebrations. Christians have entered the time called Advent, and I want to draw upon its idea of preparation and anticipation. It helps me to demarcate my life by timelines that bring me meaning. So, for December I want to use the subject of Advent to consider within the caregiver's context. For what greater good could we prepare? How can I distance myself from the many, many obligations to see the direction of my own life? A good time for reflection, as the daylight grows shorter up to Winter Soltice in the northern hemisphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment