Feb 26, 2011

Birthday

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.
Oscar Wilde.

Dwane is soon to have his 75th birthday. He seems so young to have this terminal and progressive disease of Lewy Body Dementia, but age is no respecter of dementia - although age is a risk factor. It has occurred to me we need to do something special to celebrate this birthday. He so loves family, but his own family lives distantly; so my family will stand in stead. A family party, with cake and ice cream (his favorite: vanilla).

A birthday gift: He continues to have a period of lucidity, over a week now. Lovely for both of us. And, a good thing for both of us, as I am just coming out of the most ill I have ever been, giving me a new respect for the influenza virus.

No comments:

Post a Comment