Feb 18, 2011

Levity

"The greatest revolution in our generation is the discovery that human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives," William James.

Yesterday, the day of respite from obligations was good for me. I see that I have again become too encumbered with obligations. Tonight I have respite and fun planned, and I asked the respite care provider to do a task for me that I would have to do otherwise. Burn some of Dwane's vhs tapes to dvd. Small thing, but now I won't have to learn how to run the machine and do the task.

I have also decided to implement once again the fun day once a week. Yesterday we went to an upscale and fun new place for soup for lunch before picking up Dwane's new eyeglasses. Next week I will plan a trip to the mineral hot springs pool. I will plan for more fun in my/our lives. I need fun and some carefree time to balance the many obligations of being a dementia caregiver, and the fun is good for him too.

No comments:

Post a Comment