Mar 5, 2013

Eating for Happiness

"For the happiest eaters in a brand-new study, produce, fish, and healthy oils were the recipe for joy." France's National Institute of Health and Medical Research

The results of this latest study from France are complemented by one recently released by the U.S. Institute of Health.  The Mediterranean diet is the key to good health of one's body, and - now it turns out - one's emotional status.  The Mediterranean diet also includes poultry and nuts, with an emphasis on produce.  Living alone now, I have returned to my own eating habits, which include lots of vegetables and some protein.  Most days I have a salad with lots of different vegetables, perhaps some blueberries, and a source of protein.  I knew I was eating well for my body, and it is a wonderful bonus to know I am also eating well for my emotions.  It appears that the ingredients in these diets supports our brain's chemistry and promotes well being.  With all the adverse news one can catch in the media, this is one way to counteract that negativity -- eating well and practicing gratitude.  Two proven habits to support overall health.

No comments:

Post a Comment