Aug 1, 2013

Physical Therapy Information

"Physical therapy services are recommended to help with the parkinsonian aspect of Lewy Bodies Dementia." neurologist

After months of trying to obtain information about having physical therapy services delivered to Dwane, I have found out.  For the past several years, I drive Dwane to PT services.  That now involves a 2-hour drive for me and an hour wait while he is involved in the therapy.  I talked with a physical therapist I happened to see one day, and he told me that anyone who is "homebound" can get PT services in the setting in which they live.  The problem, apparently, is the physician's orders have  said 'outpatient', not 'homebound'.  So, I have contacted his neurologist and asked for a physician's order for "homebound" services, which can be delivered in the assisted living center.  I am sharing this information with you readers, so that you can access these services if you desire.  Physical therapy can be important for persons with Lewy Bodies Dementia, and I am delighted they can be delivered to him in his setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment