Jan 25, 2014

Sensitive People

"Highly sensitive people are empathic; they feel and absorb the energy and emotions of others in a sometimes visceral way. Highly intuitive, they have a level of compassion and awareness that drives them to want to help others and be of service in the world." Jennifer Kass

I am not sure where Jennifer Kass gets her information, as she does not cite research sources; but she says that about 10% of the population are highly sensitive.  I have often been told that I shouldn't be so sensitive, but - after reading her article -- I see sensitivity as a gift.  Sensitive people are tuned in to their bodies and their surroundings.  We know intuitively if food and people and conversations are good for us.  Or not.  People who are highly sensitive do well to eat food that is directly from its source and to avoid negative people -- something I have learned on my own.  We also cannot abide violence.  Watching Downton Abbey recently where there was an act of brutal violence against one of the characters kept me awake for hours.  It is not that I am not aware the character and act are not real; it is just that seeing violence in some way is a violence against myself.  If you are highly sensitive, it is good to eat good food, seek positive people, and to monitor thoughts so that they are supportive and nurturing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment