Mar 12, 2014

Honoring Our Body

"As long as you do not live totally in the body, you do not live totally in the Self." B. K. S. Ivengar

Most of us are taught from a very early age to hate or, at least, disregard our bodies.  Yesterday, in a long day in which I took my husband to medical appointments, I had a headache, kink in my neck and felt 'out of my body'.  I have come to recognize this 'out of body' feeling as stress, and I think we actually do, when experiencing too much trauma, check out of our bodies.  A wonderful yoga class last night enabled me to reenter and inhabit my body.  Our disconnect from our bodies does immeasurable harm in the forms of disease.  Today, I invite you to think of 5 things you really, really like about your body.  After all, your body is your vehicle in life.  Let us learn to love it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment