Apr 18, 2016

Facing Fear

Image result for spring nature photos
"The wise person in the storm prays to God, not for safety from danger, but for deliverance from fear."  Ralph Waldo Emerson

Fear is so disabling, and it is part of the human journey.  One way I knew my grief was more than grief and included depression was my irrational fears.  Almost immobilizing fears, especially about my granddaughter -- like the fear that she might fall off the chair lift skiing.  I knew it was irrational, but I could not stop the fearful thoughts.  The other way I knew I was dealing with depression was that I could not make myself exercise.  Exercise has always been a vital and enjoyable part of my life, and when fear takes over and exercise falls out, I knew I needed more help than my own toolkit provided.  Medication was the answer for me.  Within a week I felt dread departing and hope returning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment