May 2, 2010

Controlling our thoughts

"We have a million thoughts going through our heads in any day. The ones we feed will determine the quality of our lives," Dr.Linda McNamar.

It is said that a person cannot control his/her thoughts, but I think that it incorrect. I think we can decide upon the quality of thoughts we want to have by focusing on what is going right in our lives or by focusing on what is going wrong in our lives. Try it and see. Such as with caregiving: what is going really right and easy? It seems to me that there is always some of both, that which is going right and that which is going wrong; and it makes a difference in the quality of my life which I focus on. The same is true for conversations. I avoid negative conversations, as they do not support life and happiness. Instead, I choose to have conversations that are respectful, direct, honest, and kind. It makes a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment