May 16, 2010

Now

"You cannot find yourself in the past or furure. The only place where you can find yourself is in the Now." Eckart Tolle

How true. Distress is caused by thinking of the problems of yesterday, and fear is caused by worrying about tomorrow. Reading the book, Still Alice, caused me discouragement because I allowed it to cause me to fear what Dwane and I may face in this disease process of dementia. But, when I stick to today, really, all is well. Today I am able to manage what life presents. Today, this moment, all is well.

2 comments:

  1. The thankfulness of yesterday and an awareness of tomorrow helps us appreciate today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they do. Reviewing thankfulness with our care receiver is a gift to them also because it helps them know they have had meaning in their life.

    ReplyDelete