Aug 7, 2010

Giving thanks

"Gratitude is the creative energy that creates more opportunities for you to be grateful," Eugene D. Holden.

What a lovely reason for which to be grateful; it creates more opportunities for which to be grateful. What can we be grateful for in living with dementia? It seems we can get bogged down in the countless responsibilities that accompany this caregiving. I am grateful for the cool air this morning, for the peace. I am grateful that things are going quite well (considering we are living with a progressive and terminal illness). I am grateful to have found a handyman to fix things around the house that Dwane used to do. I am grateful for the bounty of the local farmers' markets and my own garden. For what are you grateful today?

No comments:

Post a Comment