Nov 2, 2011

Individuality

"I have the right:  To protect my individuality and my right to make a life for myself that will sustain me when my loved one no longer needs my full-time help." Jo Horne, Cargiver's Bill of Rights.

Have you ever thought what your life will be like once you are no longer in this caregiving role?  Perhaps, like me, you sometimes even have trouble imagining a life after this.  But, we will have lives that continue, unless we are part of the 1/3 of the caregivers that die doing this task (according to research at the Roslyn Carter Institute).  The intention of this blog is to help us NOT be part of that percentage.  So, let us today consider:  what will my life be like when I am no longer caregiving?   Let us plan to have a life we can anticipate with pleasure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment