Apr 20, 2013

Benefits of Green Tea

"A key antioxidant in green tea is a great weapon against memory loss.  It might boost neuron production." Joy Bauer, RD

I love tea and drink it summer or winter.  I brew my own by pouring boiling water over the tea, let it steep, and after it cools, store it in the refrigerator.  Since I add no sugar, it is a healthy beverage with no calories.  A squeeze of fresh lemon adds some zing.  One of the ways Americans add a lot of calories to their diets is with sugared beverages.  Even though diet versions of soda may have less calories, they are not good for us.  So, to support our memory and enjoy a healthy beverage, try green tea.  I buy naturally-decaffeinated, so I can drink it late in the day and not have it interfere with sleep. What are some of the ways you support your health daily?  

No comments:

Post a Comment