Apr 4, 2013

Mountain Bluebird

"We celebrate the beautiful bluebird as a symbol of love, hope and happiness."  Larry Zeleny

Today I saw my first mountain bluebird -- returned from its winter habitat.  They are so exquisitely beautiful -- almost sky-blue all over.  A sure sign of spring, despite there being so much snow that I still cannot get into our outside garage.  I have contracted with some professionals to remove some of the pine beetle-infested trees on our property, so - instead of the usual solitude and silence, there is the sound of chain saws, doorbells ringing with questions and reports of progress, and smoke from the fires set to burn the infested trees.  I dislike cutting down trees, but try to remember that taking out the infested trees protects the remaining trees.  In spite of the upheaval with this project, it is wonderful to see warmer weather, longer days of sunlight, and emerging signs of spring.  It arrives as a sign of optimism to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment