Jul 23, 2013

Letting Go of Regrets

"The only time you should look back in life is to see how far you've come." Kevin Hart

I am not sure I agree entirely with the above quote, as I think we can gain much insight into our lives and our behaviors by reflecting on circumstances in our past.  But, it is true that it is a waste of time to regret our decisions and actions.  I think all life situations can serve as lessons for us, and I read a quote recently that said, "The more painful the event; the more profound the lesson."  That, in my opinion is very true.  We can spend a lot of time thinking about what if's and should-have-been's, but that does not serve us.  What does serve us is learning from our past behaviors and moving forward from here.  We each are generally doing the best we can given the circumstances and our level of consciousness.  Let us trust ourselves to be doing the best we can do -- given our circumstances. 

No comments:

Post a Comment