Jul 30, 2013

Life Purpose

"Your purpose in life is to find your purpose, and then give your whole heart and soul to it." attributed to the Buddha

The above quote is something we have all heard, from different sources -- in slightly different wording.  If we are to find our purpose, how do we go about it?  We who are caregivers might find our purpose in providing care for someone who needs it.  Our purpose might not be lofty; we may not make the news with our purpose, but we most certainly will make a difference -- if we are true to living our lives in alignment with our purpose.  Perhaps we can have several purposes.  One of my purposes is to live my life in a way that leaves people feeling better after having been with me.  Of course, being human -- that purpose is more fulfilled at some times than others.  Relationships are important to me, and I have as a purpose showing up in important relationships in ways that matter.  The most prominent purpose for me is to discern what God's (or the Universe or Higher Self) plan is for me -- and in living according to what I have discerned.  What is your purpose?

No comments:

Post a Comment