Dec 9, 2013

Focusing on the Solution

"So many times in life we focus more on the difficulty than on the solution.  It is vital that we have a balanced knowledge of who we are and what's important so that we are able to separate the truths from the frustrations of life." Jack Sacco

In order to know what's important to us, we must know what our values are.  So many times in life our frustrations are caused by our actions not being in alignment with our values.  What is important to you?  What is important to me is my own spiritual growth, enjoying a well-rounded and healthy life, and making time for relationships that are important to me.  I reevaluate often to make sure that the way I am spending my time and talents is in activities that align with those values.  I let go of activities that do not align with those values.  People are sometimes frantically busy, and it seems to me that excess activity is to avoid really considering one's values and aligning one's behavior with those values.  In this Advent season, let us consider what is truly important to us; and let us schedule our time in allocations to what is important to us.  This is one way to have less frustrations in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment