Dec 6, 2013

Healing From Past Hurts

"Looking back, I wonder whom I should thank and whom I should forgive.  What I believe has healed me and my life is not forgiveness, but a change in my perspective." Bob Luckin

The context within which the above quote comes is Bob Luckin reminiscing about his life and realizing that some of what seemed to be the worst things at the time, were -- in reconsidering -- events about which it was hard to decide if they were good or bad.  He says that he was abused by his father growing up, and then worked as an attendant in a hospital in which his father was a long-term patient, which motivated him to go back to school and get training in the field of mental health.  So, were the events good or bad?  They all led him to what he decided was his path in life.  So, too, in each of our lives are the good and the bad comingled.  I know in my life a devastating end of a relationship led me to significant spiritual growth and the training I now have in psychology.  I now consider the end of that relationship to be a blessing.  What events in your life may have been blessings in disguise?

No comments:

Post a Comment