Dec 28, 2013

Reflecting On One's Life

"An unexamined life is not worth living." Socrates

This time of year is a time people take inventory of their lives.  It seems a natural thing to do with the calendar demarcating an ending point for us.  Some people then set goals for how to live differently in the New Year.  Taking inventory is a good habit.  How has this year been for you?  Have you shown up in situations as you would like?  It seems it is a fine balance between being too hard on ourselves and recognizing that there is always an opportunity for improvement.  As I reflect back on 2013, I feel good about the choices I have made.  I also see that I can include more fun in my life.  My life is overly full of commitments, so I can choose to either make the commitments fun -- or, eliminate some of the commitments.  I have chosen to have fun with the process of discerning what commitments stay and how to have fun with them and which commitments have reached their expiration date. 

No comments:

Post a Comment