Mar 6, 2015

Dental Care

Image result for nature photos
"The big moments in life tend not to be the ones that wear us down." Richard Veras

I would like to pass along our experience at the dentist yesterday, so that you may learn from our experience.  Last summer when I took my loved one to his long-time dentist, the dentist told me there was no reason to bring him back again -- saying, "What does he have?  One year to live?"  Well, fast forward to now, and my loved one has complained a couple times of a toothache.  These complaints come within a myriad of complaints:  from chest pain, to not being able to breathe (the care facility monitors his oxygen levels, and they are good), to leg pain, to back pain -- so it was difficult to decide whether the tooth complaint was something to tend to, but I did make an appointment for a new dentist within the same town as his care facility.  And, I am so glad we went -- even though it now takes 2 of us to transfer him from wheelchair to dental chair, etc.  He has some infection in his teeth and gums, and will need to have some teeth pulled.  It is so hard for me to imagine that this damage occurred in the 6 months since his last dental visit, but, nevertheless, we have now what we have and will deal with it.  My recommendation for you:  continue with routine dental care to avoid bigger problems. 

No comments:

Post a Comment