Mar 17, 2015

Purposeful Action

Image result for nature photos
"Purposeful action is knowing what we want, and then doing what makes us happy to get there." Rev. Dr. Judy Morley

We hear from other sources that it is important to know what we want.  Sometimes I know what I want by experiencing what I do not want -- like being with people who talk too much and do not listen, or being in a situation in which things are being done without efficiency, or being with people who focus on the negative.  All of this is helpful because it helps me know what I do want:  people who are skilled at balanced and positive conversation, being in situations that are running smoothly and efficiently, being where everyone is treated with respect.  Sunday I gave a talk on love.  The Course in Miracles says that there is only love or fear.  So, I can know if I am not experiencing enough love, I must be entertaining fear -- and I can stop entertaining it and return to love.  Then I can take the action because I will know what I want, and I can step toward it doing what makes me happy to get there.  If you are of Celtic heritage, and even if you are not, Happy St. Patrick's Day.  I hope you do something today that makes you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment