Mar 4, 2015

Life as Instruction

Image result for nature photos
"Every person's condition is a solution in hieroglyphic to those inquiries they would put.  We act it as life, before we apprehend it as truth." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Emerson was so wise.  It is only by living that we understand what is truth for us.  If we are honest, there are probably times that we would prefer not to be caregivers --- but, what truths has caregiving taught us?  For me, caregiving has taught me what an awesome (as in terrifying) responsibility and burden it is -- making decisions for another human.  Caregiving has taught me that I can lose myself in the tasks of caring for another.  Caregiving has taught me not to be afraid of nursing homes or physical and mental decline.  Caregiving has taught me that a response to life can be based on love and respect -- for oneself and others in whatever the situation. What has caregiving taught you?

No comments:

Post a Comment