Nov 27, 2009

Better lives

Picasso once said, "Everything you can imagine is real." Perhaps he was speaking of artistic creations, and perhaps he was speaking of more than that. There are considerable streams of thought which subscribe to our being able to have better lives if we but imagine them and are quietly optimistic about having them. I do know that my day goes better when I expect it to. There is truth in the old adage about what side of the bed you get up on. In living with a terminal illness, I find it confusing to imagine a better life. Would that be a life without illness, or is that the best life possible with the illness? Confusing.

Today we move to our "house sitting" house down out of the high country. It will be interesting to see how Dwane acclimates. I will be observing because in a week I will be gone for a few days to a conference. I had arranged for someone to stay nights with Dwane, and he has had a tizzy fit about that. I want to be able to go, relax and not worry about his safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment