Nov 25, 2009

Prayer

"Teach us love, compassion, and honor . . . That we may heal the earth . . . And heal each other." Ojibwa Prayer

Lovely sentiment. Or is it more than sentiment? Is it possible for us to heal each other with words and actions of compassion? I once heard Deepak Chopra speak of some research being done which demonstrates healing as a result of prayer at some distance. There has been considerable research done on healing prayer. One interesting research project demonstrated that praying for the highest good for someone else was more effective than directed prayer (where we believed we knew what was best for the other person). I try to remember that in living with a terminal illness. Healing can occur on many levels, and perhaps it is not always the physical level which is the most needed. Mystery. I had a dear friend write me a note which reminded me to remember the mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment