Feb 16, 2010

Patience

"Fear wants us to act too soon," Mark Nepo.

When I feel impatience, it is usually fear behind it. Fear that more will go wrong, fear that things won't get done, or done in time. Yesterday Dwane some how managed to get the television remotes so messed up that it took me an hour to have television back on for him. Time I had planned on spending on figuring year-end expenses and taxes. I choose to regroup. Business matters will get done on another day.

"Today, I enter into the experiment of waiting in the energy of loving kindness for myself and others," Marsha Lehman.

1 comment:

  1. What IS IT with dementia patients and remote controls? My dad can mess them up like nobody I've ever seen. He even locked up the three-button remote for his new chair so bad I had to dig out the instruction book (the book that was already in the trash because I thought why in the world would I need an instruction book for a chair?)

    Baby
    http://thanklessjob.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete