Feb 23, 2010

Planning Fun

"Unconscious intentions or intentions chosen out of fear ---- a feeling of not having enough or not being enough --- can sneak up on us," Marsha Lehman.

How true. For me at least. According to psychologist Dan Baker, too, fear of not having or not being enough underlies all unhappiness. So, to be happy.

The fun activity I planned for Dwane and me this week was a trip to a regional area with mineral hot springs. I thought immersion in the waters would be good for his arthritis and the swimming good exercise for us both. Since he does not walk at all any more, nor get any real form of exercise, this was good. It was a clean and welcoming atmosphere, and we both enjoyed it. I wondered if he would have trouble working the locker in which to stow his clothing in the men's dressing area. And lo and behold, a miracle: He asked an attendant for help. Amazing! I love him relying on help from people other than me. It was also good to see that he could problem solve this on his own. Yesterday at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment