Jun 2, 2010

Existence

"The rose exists to express beauty," Ernest Holmes.

This morning I awakened early at 5:00 a.m. to a chorus of birds singing their song. Soon they were joined by a chorus of coyotes. Haunting and lovely. It seemed this morning that both the birds and the coyotes existed to sing. Why do each of us exist? If we believe that we are individual expressions of creative energy, then for what purpose are we here? Some spiritual authors submit that we are here to love and forgive. I know that my day is different when I focus only on being loving and forgiving. Can we imagine what the world would be like if each of us could at every moment be loving and forgiving? Life is too intricate for us not to have a purpose for being here. What is your purpose? What is your purpose as caregiver? My caregiving goes better when I remember that I decided to do this in ways that afford the most dignity and well being for us both.

No comments:

Post a Comment