Jun 17, 2010

Words and actions

"But we must remember that it's possible to affirm the existence of God with your lips and deny his existence with your life," Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

It is a habit of mine that I watch my own and other people's behavior, because behavior is more reflective of one's intentions and truth sometimes than one's words. In mental health we call this congruency. Does a client's words and behavior and affect match? For the same reason it seems important to be mindful of one's words so that they are reflective of what one wants and intends. My own attitude has slipped in recent days. I am going to spend the weekend reflecting on what is amiss and how to come back more into alignment with how I want to show up. I will be taking a break from writing this blog until next week. I can often regain myself in quiet and reflection. How do you come back to yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment